ASSAY LAB MANAGER
McClelland Laboratories is looking for an Assay Lab Manager to join our management team. The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical guidance to a hard-working group of technicians in our ISO certified assay lab. This is a full-time position located in Sparks, NV. McClelland has a 30+ year history of working on mining projects from Nevada and around the world and plays an active role in development of new mining prospects and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with McClelland health and safety policies.
- Responsible for all activities related to process solution analysis and solids analysis (including fire assay, geochemical assay, and LECO analysis); ensure that accurate analytical results are efficiently determined and reported.
- Prioritize work queue and assign work tasks to assay lab staff
- Recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies
- Make improvements, as needed, to SOPs to minimize the occurrence of non-conformance events
- Provide guidance and training
- Maintain laboratory equipment/instruments in good working condition and report deficiencies
- Foster and maintain a positive environment by ensuring that all employees are treated with respect, grievances are dealt with in a timely manner
- Act professionally in all dealings with staff and clients
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fire assay and geochemical assay
- Experience with Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) preferred
- S. in chemistry, geochemistry or related field preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 3 years of responsible leadership experience in management or supervisory positions.
- Experience with carbon and sulfur analysis (LECO) preferred