METALLURGICAL LAB TECHNICIAN
The Metallurgical Lab Technician is responsible for preparing samples and conducting a variety of geochemical analyses. Sample preparation may include: sample weighing, sample digestion using a variety of acids and sample leaching with sodium cyanide solutions. Analyses are performed by various methods which include: atomic absorption; inductively coupled atomic emission spectroscopy; LECO combustion and cold vapor atomic absorption laboratory equipment to carryout various analyses. Other metallurgical tests will be performed using equipment such as grinding ball mills, gravity and flotation machines, balances, pH meters, bottle rolls and hand titrations. The Metallurgical Lab Technician will maintain the required daily records and logs as well as perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Perform all assay laboratory tasks such as sample weighing, digestion and analysis
- Help in other departments such as the column lab and wet lab when required
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- Employee must be able to follow specific directions, work in a safe manner, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records without constant supervision
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment that is within your scope and abilities
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check
- A positive attitude towards safety regulations and production and quality goals
- Able to comply with all company policies
Physical Demands may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40-lbs
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours/shift
- Ability to safely perform work using chemicals such as NaCN, HCL,HNO3, HF and H2SO4
- Physically capable of standing, grasping and performing other types of physical work for extended periods of time.
- May be able required to pass a respirator medical evaluation and wear a respirator
APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
Apply by email to HR@mettest.com.
Please include your resume, if possible and/or complete our application for employment.
McCLELLAND LABORATORIES, INC
1016 Greg Street, Sparks NV 89431