LABORATORY SAMPLE PREP TECHNICIANS
Starting Wage $18 to $20 per hour – Day and Swing Shifts Available
If you are highly motivated, energetic, hard-working, career minded, willing to do what it takes to get the job done, and want to make a difference in the world, we invite you to apply with us!
We are a locally owned and operated, family oriented, essential laboratory business in Sparks, Nevada, operating from the same facility location for 30+ years, providing local and global critical mining infrastructure service to our clients.
We are looking for sample prep technicians to work in our sample prep department on day shift and swing shift processing rock ore and mineral samples from all over the world in a timely manner.
We offer an attractive starting wage and benefit package, annual performance reviews, and year-round work without a long commute. All required training is provided.
Basic job responsibilities include but are not limited to: preparing samples (drying, crushing, splitting, screening and/or pulverizing) for various analyses; operating laboratory sample preparation equipment (jaw crushers, pulverizers, riffle & rotary splitters) removing samples from drying ovens for weighing and inventory, warehouse storage, column loading, and maintaining daily records and logs, as well as other related duties as assigned.
Basic Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations, to help ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Process rock, ore, and mineral samples in a timely manner
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test (provided and conducted by a physician) and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) properly (clean shaven where PPE contacts the face)
- Ability to follow specific directions, perform simple mathematical calculations (arithmetic), communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment with a positive attitude towards safety, production, and quality goals
- Manual labor, construction labor, or landscaping labor background is helpful, but not required
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Employee is required to kneel, bend, twist; and reach/grasp with hands and arms extended or above their shoulders
- Ability to lift and carry 25-lbs regularly, and up to 50-75-lbs, at times
- Physically capable of standing, shoveling, and performing other types of physical work for extended periods of time
- Day Shift: (must work at least one weekend day) i.e., 7:00am to 3:30pm Tues-Sat, or Sun-Thur.
Swing Shift: Mon-Fri 1:30pm to 10:00pm (includes $2/hour shift differential!)