SAMPLE PREP TECHNICIAN
The Sample Prep Technician is responsible for preparing samples (drying, crushing, splitting, screening and/or pulverizing) for various analyses; will operate laboratory equipment such as jaw crushers, rolls crushers, pulverizers, scales, riffle and rotary splitters as well as maintaining daily records and logs.
The Sample Prep Technician may also be utilized in the wet and dry screening of samples, the removal of samples from drying ovens for weighing and recording, and may perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Following all health and safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Crushing, splitting, screening and/or pulverizing samples to meet client specifications
- Sample sorting, weighing and drying
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employee must be able to follow specific directions, work in a safe manner, perform simple
mathematical calculations, and keep records without constant supervision
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment that is within your scope and abilities
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, respirator and criminal background check
- A positive attitude towards safety regulations and production and quality goals
- Able to comply with all company policies
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to the following:
- Employee is required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their
- Must be able to lift and carry repetitively up to 50-lbs
- Ability to safely perform work using chemicals such as Lime
- Physically capable of standing, shoveling, grasping and performing other types of physical work
for extended periods of time
- Must be able to pass a respirator medical evaluation and wear a respirator
- Be clean shaven where respirator contacts the face
Light Duties in the Sample Prep area are limited specifically to the recording of weights of samples from the drying ovens, the rotary splitting of samples less than 10-lbs on occasion as specific client jobs dictate, dish and pan washing and rinsing.
APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
Apply by email to HR@mettest.com.
Please include your resume, if possible and/or complete our application for employment.
McCLELLAND LABORATORIES, INC
1016 Greg Street, Sparks NV 89431