SR FIRE ASSAYER
McClelland Laboratories is looking for an Sr. Fire Assayer to join our analytical services team. The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical guidance to a hard-working group of analytical technicians and assayers in our ISO certified assay lab. This is a full-time position located in Sparks, NV. McClelland has a 30+ year history of working on mining projects from Nevada and around the world and plays an active role in development of new mining prospects and technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with McClelland health and safety policies.
- Follow SOPs to conduct process solution analysis and solids analysis (including fire assay, geochemical assay, and LECO analysis); ensure that accurate analytical results are efficiently determined and reported.
- Assist the assay lab manager in maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Assist the assay lab manager in the training of technicians
- Maintain a positive environment; treat fellow employees with respect
- Act professionally in all dealings with staff and clients
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in fire assay and geochemical assay
- Experience with Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) preferred
- S. in chemistry, geochemistry or related field preferred, but not required
- Experience with carbon and sulfur analysis (LECO) preferred
APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
Apply by email to HR@mettest.com.
Please include your resume, if possible and/or complete our application for employment.
McCLELLAND LABORATORIES, INC
1016 Greg Street, Sparks NV 89431